- Main Campus
- Coal Grove Campus
- Staff Directory
The Adult Diploma Program provides job training and an alternate pathway for adults, ages 20 or older, to earn an industry-recognized credential aligned to one of Ohio’s in-demand jobs (after passing the WorkKeys, course requirements, and assessments) AND awarded a state-issued high school diploma. What makes this program different from a traditional high school setting is the delivery of instruction to adults. Instead of measuring academic achievement through clock hours, seat time or credits earned, the focus is on a competency-based approach that provides a self-paced option. Once competencies have been learned, adults then demonstrate mastery of skill. Each eligible adult works with the provider to create a customized student success plan.
- Age: Open to adults 20+
- Diploma Type: State-issued High School Diploma awarded
- Availability: Available at approved educational institutions throughout the state.
- Testing: Students do not have to pass the OGT/Proficiency test; however, they are required to pass the ACT WorkKeys.
- Duration: Program duration depends on the length of the credential program.
- Requirements: No minimum number of High School credits required
- Additional Requirements: No requirement to pursue higher education degree
- Best for: Adults seeking to enter in-demand job fields such as STNA, EMT, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, CDL, IT support services.
Ohio's ASPIRE programs provide FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training and employment. The program also prepares students with the skills necessary to earn a GED®. Students participating in the GED® preparation courses may obtain a fee waiver for the GED® examination. The classes enable students to learn basic skills at their own pace. Classroom experiences will involve individual instruction along with classroom demonstrations. Distance learning is also available.
Our local program offers classes at two locations: Collins Career Technical Center located in Chesapeake, Ohio and at the One Stop in Ironton, Ohio. Both locations have times to meet the diverse needs of adult learners. All students are required to attend orientation, where an assessment is given to help determine the individual’s educational plan and goals.
ASPIRE Program Locations and Times: Collins Career Technical Center 11627 State Route 243 Chesapeake, OH 45619 740 867-6641 EXT 442 Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
One Stop- Lawrence County Ohio Means Jobs 120 N Third Street Ironton, Ohio 45638 740 867-6641 EXT 442 Monday 8:00am-4:00pm, Tuesday 8:00am-7:00pm, Wednesday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Walk-ins welcome. Appointments encouraged. Please call 1(740)867-6641 EXT 442 to schedule an appointment at either location.